17th August 2020 – 18th December 2020
17th August 2020 – 27th May 2021
Akan’s new course in music is aimed at people who have a strong interest in music, singing or playing one or more instruments, and who have ambitions to broaden their knowledge in music. This course offers a great alternative for people wanting to prepare themselves for further studying in music.
We offer you a full-time music education where you will develop yourself together with other music enthusiasts under the leadership of music professionals.
The course leader for Akan’s new music course is the music educator, musician and singing teacher Peik Holländer.
“I have the feeling that Akan’s music education has an important place to fill in the life of music in Borgå. I am really looking forward to being involved with it and starting it and meeting our new students in the autumn”, says Peik.
The studies (25h/week) initially run from 15.8-20.12.2019 but if there is a strong interest among applicants, the studies will continue for the entire academic year until May 2020.
The objectives for your time on Akan’s music course are:
- You have developed as a musician and/or songwriter
- You can book gigs and arrange your own concerts
- You have a stronger musical self-confidence
- You have a better knowledge of the music industry
- You have made new contacts
We plan to offer the following subjects. In addition to general courses you have the possibility to elective courses. The study content is adapted to students’ interests and needs.
- Personal tuition with your chosen instrument
- Playing in a band
- Theory of music and ear training
- Sound engineering
- The history of rhythm music
- Stage presence
- Knowledge of the music industry
- Workshops in style, song techniques and song writing
- A second instrument (extra monthly cost per instrument, more information to follow shortly)
- Singing workshops
- Song writing
Live Performance Workshop
The week will finish with a joint Live Performance Workshop where you and your fellow students have the opportunity to perform for each other with what you have learned during the week.
Masterclasses consist of guest lectures and artist interviews with professionals from within the music industry.
During your time at Akan you can also graduate in the Theory of music and in your chosen instrument(s).
Contact and further information
Peik Holländer | Phone +358 (0)40 0622 461 | email@example.com
Borgå folkakademi, Runebergsgatan 16-18 in the centre of Borgå .
340 €/month including teaching, lunch and coffee.
If you need accommodation you can board in the school’s dormitory connected to the school.
Cost 140 €/month in a shared double room or 200 €/month for a single room, including breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday and also afternoon coffee and supper Monday-Thursday.
Further information about accommodation and costs can be found here.
Application periods and entrance exam
First application period: 1.3-31.5.2020 (entrance exam 11-12.6.2020)
Second application period: 15.6-7.8.2020 (entrance exam 11.8.2020)
Note the following:
- The education is mainly aimed at persons 18 or more, but younger than 18 can apply.
- Everyone who applies for the course will be asked to attend an entrance exam.
- The second application period will only take place if not all the places were occupied during the first application period.
Apply here – application form
We withhold the right to change the contents and offers in our courses and educational programmes.